Satoshi Katakura returns to Dashi to join Chef Billy Cotter for a special series of Omakase Dinners
Satoshi Katakura brings a unique approach from Hiro, his izakaya the Nakameguro neighborhood of Tokyo. Dashi's ownership first met Satoshi at Hiro, where he carefully crafts dishes with the freshest ingredients centered around the bounty of seafood Japan has to offer. Since that first visit, Satoshi joined Chef Billy Cotter for an omakase series at Dashi in 2016, and Dashi's team has worked in the kitchen at Hiro during a recent trip to Tokyo! We are delighted to welcome Satoshi Katakura back to Durham and bring you a memorable evening of culinary collaboration in the izakaya.
Monday, August 14
Tuesday, August 15
Wednesday, August 16
Thursday, August 17
$55 per persoN
All dinners are from 6pm–9pm
In order to make your party's reservation, please call the restaurant at (919) 251-9335. Reservations will be taken and voicemails will be returned. Please note:
- Your reservation must be confirmed (please note that your voicemail does not confirm your reservation until we return your call).
- Please have your credit card information ready to place your reservation.
- Cancellations in less than 48 hours of the event incurs a $25 charge per guest.
- We're sorry, no substitutions can be made the day of this meal. We are preparing a vegetarian menu in addition to the original menu, but unfortunately menus with other dietary needs will not be available.
- VEGETARIAN MENUS ARE AVAILABLE! PLEASE NOTE HOW MANY GUESTS IN YOUR PARTY WILL REQUIRE A VEGETARIAN MEAL.
- THIS DINNER WILL BE HOSTED IN OUR UPSTAIRS IZAKAYA.
- A GRATUITY OF 20% WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO YOUR FINAL BILL.
- OUR RAMEN SHOP WILL BE OPEN FOR REGULAR SERVICE AND HOURS!
ABOUT THE OMAKASE DINING EXPERIENCE
In an izakaya, (Japanese pub), ordering omakase entrusts your order to the chef - it is essentially a chef’s tasting menu. Chef Billy Cotter will send out the freshest and most delicious dishes of the day. Dining omakase is a way for Dashi to showcase our finest ingredients and techniques!
This dinner is hosted in our upstairs izakaya and is offered by reservation only.
WHAT IF MEMBERS OF MY PARTY HAVE DIETARY RESTRICTIONS?
While our private omakase meals accommodate dietary restrictions of all types, this special event has only vegetarian as an additional meal option. Guests with specific allergies may not be able to eat all courses.
CAN I ORDER ITEMS FROM THE BEVERAGE MENU IN ADDITION TO ENJOYING DINNER?
You are welcome to order anything on our beverage menu!
IS GRATUITY INCLUDED?
A 20% gratuity will be added to your final bill.
THE COLLABORATION CONTINUES
Dashi ownership first met Satoshi Katakura at Hiro in Tokyo during a trip in 2014. In 2016, Dashi invited Satoshi for a week of omakase dinners in the upstairs izakaya. This sold out series featured a unique collaboration with Billy Cotter and Satoshi bringing their visions together. On a recent trip to Tokyo, Dashi's team worked with Satoshi in his kitchen at Hiro. Now, we welcome Satoshi back as the collaboration continues for another special series of omakase dinners. We hope you can join us!